Sunday, December 5, 2010

Advent

Rob and I have really wanted to make the Advent Season something significant in our home, so we've been reading about it and what it represents, and different ways to celebrate/acknowledge it. So far we have an Advent candle wreath we are lighting on Sunday's and doing Advent themed devotions together. Here is something I found online that really spoke to me about Advent:

"Life is a constant Advent season: we are continually waiting to become, to discover, to complete, to fulfill. Hope, struggle, fear, expectation and fulfillment are all part of our Advent experience.

"The world is not as just, not as loving, not as whole as we know it can and should be. But the coming of Christ and his presence among us—as one of us—give us reason to live in hope: that light will shatter the darkness, that we can be liberated from our fears and prejudices, that we are never alone or abandoned.

"May this Advent season be a time for bringing hope, transformation and fulfillment into the Advent of our lives."

And now, some Christmas tree decorating photos!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice tree - I love the shoe ornament!