Hooray we got a picture! Actually...we got TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today's ultrasound was FANTASTIC. The nurse (yes, she was a nurse) who completed the sonogram talked to us the whole way through, explained details, asked many, many questions about previous pregnancy history and current pregnancy history and even told us stories about her kids! The doctor came in and reassured us that Baby 2.0 is not specifically Intrauterine Growth Restricted (IUGR), but is still quite small- 10th percentile. They said Baby measured in at 3bs 1oz. Apparently the cord blood flow was normal, as was amniotic fluid level. She is quite pleased at how healthy Baby and I appear to be, however, because of my history (this is basically the same scenario as Ezra), they are going to watch me close. I have three more ultrasounds booked, and there may be more- one in four weeks and then 5 weeks and 6 weeks. I may end up having one every week until I deliver after that. The reason for so many ultrasounds is because she said they will do my section early if anything starts to look funky. It feels very nice to be reassured both that there does not appear to be any cause for worry, but that the instance there is cause, there is an immediate solution. Hooray for good healthcare! Oh, I forgot to mention that there a sign on the wall in the waiting room at the clinic we were at that stated, "Ultrasound Photos are $5each. Please pay the nurse on your way out." Today Rob had two five dollar bills in his pocket- a rare occurance for a couple who doesn't carry cash! We were so excited, and THEN we went to pay the nurse and she said, "Don't worry about it- Merry Christmas!" So not only did we get TWO pictures, we got them for FREE!
So...the moment you've all been waiting for...introducing Baby 2.0!


1 comment:
Cute baby!
Post a Comment