Ezra has been a fantastic sleeper as far as I am concerned thus far in his life- since he was two months old, he slept from 7-10-4-7 and had three regular naps a day each worth a minimum of 45 minutes, but usually more like 1 1/2-2 hours. He also would go down with no sleep aid, a five (maybe 10) minute cry and he would be out. Alas, it is not so anymore. He cannot seem to go to sleep without nursing (even though he just ate a large bowl of oatmeal), his naps rarely last longer than 20 minutes and he wakes up every two hours at night. If I let him "cry it out", he just cries and cries and cries. He'd cry for hours if I'd let him. Trust me. So, eventually, I can't bare to listen to him anymore, and nurse him. He falls asleep, and two hours later we do it all again. It has been one week and I'm not sure how much longer my body can handle it. He also is grumpy during the day and is falling asleep at 5:30PM! We try to keep him awake so he'll sleep better but today I'm going to let him go to bed as soon as he's tired and see what happens. Hopefully something.
Oh, I forgot to mention, he takes great naps in the car seat. It makes me want to drive all day.
2 comments:
i hope these days don't last too much longer for you :( one book we have really benefited from re. baby sleeping is called 'The Sleep Easy Solution'. Maybe you could check it out at a library and browse through it? Their main philosophy is not crying it out but rather short "check in's" that you do every 5, 10, 15 minutes, etc. as long as they are crying. however we did find that carter had really terrible sleeping issues for a week or two when he cut his first two teeth, so could there be some teething issues?
We tried that first and he seems to just cry louder and harder and longer if we do. Good idea though. And I am really hoping it is teeth. It's about the right time so maybe! I've tried to give him Tylenol before putting him down, just to see if that helps and it didn't seem to make a difference. This too shall pass! And actually, last night was much better! Thanks for the suggestions Karina!
Post a Comment